I’ve been talking to sellers recently who are under the impression that staging their home will cost a lot of money and force them to buy new furniture in order to get the home sold in a timely manner.
The more you stage, the better your home looks, but you don’t have to break the bank to achieve the desired effect. There are plenty of simple things you can do to stage your home that will attract buyers. You won’t have to spend a lot of money either. Here are five staging tips you should be aware of:
1. Declutter. Everyone likes a clean, simple space. The key to decluttering is making things look open, spacious, and removing anything that doesn’t need to be in the room.
2. Designate the space clearly by its function. If you have an office, make it look like an office, not a storage room or extra bedroom.
3. Make the space bright and full of cheer. Dark and gloom don’t sell. Make sure you have natural light, open blinds, and interior lights and lamps on when showing the home.
4. Focus on the senses. Make sure your house smells good. I know it’s common sense, but each home has its own unique smell and you probably won’t notice your home’s unique scent. Make sure it smells fresh and clean, but don’t go overboard with the air fresheners.
5. Don’t forget about the yard. Curb appeal is huge because it’s the buyer’s first impression of the home. Make sure your yard and bushes are trimmed and the flowerbeds are cleaned up.
The goal is to make your house as appealing, bright, and comfortable as possible to potential buyers. If you have any questions about selling your home or want some more staging tips, give us a call or send us an email. We would love to hear from you!